The Communications department is home to a small group of web developers and web content specialists. The web team is responsible for developing and maintaining the College’s overall web presence. By providing strategic advice and guidance, building user-friendly web publishing tools, and offering training and support, the team enables offices and departments to share information and tell their stories through web sites that are current, dynamic and compelling.
The web team’s expertise is a resource meant to be shared by the whole Williams community. If you have a question or a comment about Williams websites, you may reach us by email at email@example.com
About Williams’ websites
The majority of the web sites for academic departments and administrative offices are hosted on the WordPress content management system (CMS). WordPress provides robust administrative tools that allow content owners to manage their sites through a reasonably easy-to-use interface.
What we do
The web team’s core responsibilities include:
- Shaping the visual identity of College sites in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- Building web software for the Williams community.
- Maintaining the College’s web publishing infrastructure.
- Helping everyone make the Williams web presence the best in its class.
What can we do for you?
Academic departments and administrative offices
- Convert static HTML websites into sites hosted on the WordPress CMS.
- Train staff on the use of WordPress.
- Create new sites.
- Consult on content organization and management strategies.
- Support and troubleshoot College sites.
- Develop web software that helps employees do their jobs or provides information to the Williams community.