Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about Daily Messages.
Select Your Audience
There are three editions of the Daily Messages: for students, for faculty, and for staff. There is a place to select your target audience(s) on the submission form.
Messages for a predominantly student audience are not to be posted to the faculty or staff editions of the Daily Messages.
The deadline for submission of messages is 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. There is no service on Saturday or Sunday.
You may submit a message and mark it for delivery many days hence. It will be approved the day before you’ve marked it for delivery.
Based on the criteria listed below, the Communications Office approves daily messages submissions. If your submission is approved, you will receive confirmation and if not, an explanation.
- Messages should pertain to news, events, and information concerning Williams College and be of interest to the intended audience(s).
- Only one message per event or announcement will be accepted for the faculty and staff editions, except for critical or urgent matters (for example, messages from OIT, deans, security, dining services, and facilities). If you wish these posted more than once, please submit your request by phone to the Communications Office at x4277.
- Organizations may post messages to the student edition twice if they wish.
- Messages intended for particular groups or specific offices or departments as well as commercial messages, including lost and found notices, fund raising, or to sell goods or services will not be accepted. On-going weekly event notices will not be accepted. You are expected to maintain your own email notice list.
- Do not capitalize the headline of your submission; use caps and lower case. Make the headline as specific as you can in the limited space, including day, date, and time.
- To be eligible to post a message, you must have a Williams.edu email address. Submissions are accepted only from representatives of administrative and academic departments, programs and centers, and recognized student organizations. If posted by a student, the message summary must include the student organization’s name.
- Events hosted by someone who is not a member of the Williams community may not be posted to the Daily Messages. Off-campus events, unless sponsored by a Williams College department or registered student organization, may not be posted to Daily Messages.
The Communications Office does not guarantee publication of submitted material and is not responsible for information incorrectly received.
Corrections to Submissions
The event submitter is responsible for the accuracy and completeness of each submission. Once uploaded, content is not available to edit.
If you are uncertain about a message, holiday schedule, or any other information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Communications Office at (413) 597-4277.
A Quick Overview of the Online Submission Process:
- Go to the Daily Messages home page, www.williams.edu/messages or the college’s homepage, www.williams.edu, and click on News and Events menu (top bar), then on Daily Messages.
- Log in with your Williams user name and password. If you have trouble with authentication, call the Faculty/Staff (x4090) or Student (x3088) support desks in Jesup.
- The submission form will appear on your screen. Follow the onscreen instructions, which include selecting the audience your message is intended for and the date you want the message to run. If you are a student, you must note what student organization you are representing in the department/organization box.
- Messages must have a headline (65 character limit). Messages are limited to 330 characters (a message preview appears below the message you enter). If you have a longer message, put a summary in the message box, and then post the message in the box marked “Long message.”
- Please make event messages specific as to the day and date of the event advertised (for example, Tuesday, Sept. 1).